This week’s Championship Tip is taken from one of my workshops, Transition Management. This topic was originally developed for United States Department of Justice personnel. With the election, shuffling of personnel and positions occurs, creating anxiety which can affect performance. This workshop was tailored for business as well as government agencies.
“Ears perk up” with these tips on Creating Resilience. Participants are equipped with proven techniques for creating resilience in themselves and co-workers or clients. Here is a sampling, within each applicable exercises and discussion occur:
Similar to a trapeze artist, are you or your people in the NEUTRAL ZONE of transition or change?
- Change has been identified – awareness exists
- Implementation has started
- Time in between – must let go of one bar to go to the next
- Humor & perspective
- Stress management (exercise, hobby activities – others)
- Deadening: an extreme reaction – this is a purposeful ‘shutdown’
- Effective Ways to deal with anger
- Maintain positive self-esteem – one definition: The conviction of being loved and lovable, valued and valuable, as we are, regardless of what we do.
- Visualization: visualize a better future – hold a vision of desired outcome
- Be creative. Do something differently each day. The danger of ‘either/or’ thinking. See and create inclusive possibilities
- Be resourceful – Ask questions, obtain the information you need
- Take some risks
- Employ what serves you well
This has become one of our most popular courses. Is there a strategy listed here that you can harness this week?